In addition to the City of Cambridge, quaint towns located throughout Dorchester County’s pastoral areas, provide a variety of choices to live work and play. Dorchester County offers attractive and affordable housing options from waterfront estates to rural developments and small city condos, townhouses and apartments. Local amenities include shops, restaurants, parks, marinas, and public entertainment venues within walking or biking distance. Public transportation is available.
City of Cambridge
Cambridge, the County Seat, was originally a seaport community along the Choptank River, and has a rich maritime heritage that can be explored in museums, through historic district tours and river cruises… read more
Brook View and Eldorado
Brookview and Eldorado are sister communities located on the northwest branch of the Nanticoke River.
Church Creek, small community settled along a creek of the same name, can trace its heritage to nearby Old Trinity Church, circa 1690. Several homes in the community date back to the 18th century and are being preserved and maintained… read more
East New Market
The original town boundaries defined the East New Market Historical District. It was the first town to receive a designation by the State of Maryland as a Historic District in Dorchester County, and is registered as a National Historic District. In 1975 the entire town was listed on the National Register of Historic Places… read more
Galestown, located in the northeast corner of Dorchester County around Gales Creek and Galestown Millpond, possess unspoiled natural resources of the pond, the creek and the river attract anglers year round… read more
After the Delaware Railroad built a station in 1867 in what is now Hurlock, and John M. Hurlock built a storehouse and his residence close by, the Washington Chapel congregation in 1888 combined with two others to erect a new church within the Hurlock community – the Washington Methodist Church. But it was not until 1890, when the Baltimore, Chesapeake and Atlantic (BC&A) Railroad intersected the Delaware Railroad in Hurlock, that the town really started to grow… read more
Secretary was founded at the time of the proprietary governorships of Maryland in 1661. While in Maryland, Lord Sewell served as Secretary of the Province of Maryland. In his honor, the land owned by him was named Secretary. Lord Sewell built a home called Lady Sewell’s Manor with spacious rooms and enormous fireplaces. A section of that home remains and can be seen today… read more
Located Southeast of Cambridge in Dorchester County, Vienna, first explored by Captain John Smith in 1608, is one of the oldest colonial settlements in the state… read more