Longtime business partners, and sisters, Karenlynn and Avis Bell moved to Dorchester County nearly a year ago and have just announced their newest endeavor, a technology startup- Advanced Resiliency Consultants, LLC (ARC).
Leveraging past experience from their previous company, BCV Solutions Inc, they have over 25 years in fields such as electrical engineering, economics, cybersecurity, IT, and systems engineering their work has always been focused on building customer centric solutions.
BCV Solutions was awarded several federal contracts through the Department of Housing and Urban Development, Department of Transportation, and the Department of Labor. The contracts centered around solutions related to conservation, energy efficiency, and environmental sustainability. In 2006 they became SBA-8A certified.
ARC has expanded consulting and advising services to organizations to assist them in understanding and determining their feasibility from implementing Blockchain solutions to improve their operations and increase value in their businesses.
Karenlynn and Avis focus on developing solutions that help mitigate climate change impacts through sustainable and resilient solutions. Based on their many years in the IT industry, they believe that the answer to reducing climate related impacts to industries like supply chain, healthcare, agriculture, utilities, and workforce development lie in blockchain technology.
A blockchain has 4 major and unique factors:
- A blockchain is a database that stores encrypted blocks of data then chains them together to form a chronological single-source-of-truth for the data.
- In a blockchain, digital assets are distributed instead of copied or transferred, creating an immutable record of that asset.
- The asset is decentralized, allowing full real-time access and transparency to the public.
- A transparent ledger of changes preserves integrity of the document, which creates trust in the asset.
Blockchain’s inherent security measures and public ledger make it a prime technology for almost every single sector. Blockchain has a nearly endless amount of applications across almost every industry. The ledger technology can be applied to track fraud in finance, securely share patient medical records between healthcare professionals and even acts as a better way to track intellectual property in business and music rights for artists.
Advanced Resiliency Consultants, LLC are among the few industry Certified Blockchain Experts. In addition to ARC LLC’s experience in Water and Climate Resiliency & Workforce Development, they can assist firms in understanding and implementing Blockchain innovations to bring value to domains such as:
- Sustainable Agriculture and Supply Chain-related entities
- Environmental Resiliency efforts, and
- Non-profits, Academic, or Governmental Organizations
To learn more about Blockchain Technology watch this video.
To see ARC’s capability sheet and for ARC’s contact information click here.