Maryland Capital Enterprises (MCE) encourages and nurtures entrepreneurs to grow on the Eastern Shore. Honoring the entrepreneurial spirit of business men and women here on Maryland’s Eastern Shore, MCE announced their call for nominations for the Palmer Gillis Entrepreneur of the Year Award presented during their third annual banquet. Nominees will be chosen from Wicomico, Worcester, Somerset and Dorchester counties.
Businesses must meet the following criteria for eligibility:
- The owner/majority partner must be involved in the daily operations of the business.
- The business is required to be located in Wicomico, Worcester, Somerset or Dorchester County.
- The company must employ 100 employees or less.
- The business should be established locally for at least two years.
- The business must be a for-profit and in good standing with the state of Maryland.
The award will be presented at MCE’s annual award banquet on November 6, 2014, at Salisbury University in the Wicomico Room of the Guerrieri Building from 6:00-9:00 p.m. To learn more about MCE or to nominate an entrepreneur, go to their website www.marylandcapital.org, and then click on the Palmer Gillis award logo. The nomination submission deadline is by 5 p.m. on Friday, September 26.